Loudspeaker ServicesLoudspeaker refurbishment and repairs including crossover refurbishment and new crossover design
RFC are specialists in loudspeaker services including design, construction, repair, refurbishment and upgrading services. We are one of only a small handful of companies in the UK able to offer you comprehensive loudspeaker services to bring additional value and performance to your hifi experience.
We also recognise that many people value their ’speakers which they may have owned for many years and that all that’s needed in many cases to bring them up to “as new” standards of performance may be a simple and economical crossover capacitor refresh. However, our expertise and experience goes far beyond that and we offer everything from replacement crossover parts to bespoke design and construction of new loudspeakers. Our loudspeaker services include:
- Cabinet restorations
- Loudspeaker driver replacements or repair where possible
- Crossover refurbishment…typically a like for like refreshing of components
- Crossover upgrades: replacement of existing components with like for like but top quality components for improved performance and sound,
- Custom crossover upgrades: measurement of all drivers and exact matching of crossovers to drive units including impedance flattening circuits for flattest amplifier load and response (your speakers need to be left with us for these services)
- External crossover modifications – Removing crossovers from the vibrations inside cabinets and from proximity to strong magnetic fields can often drastically improve sound quality
- Help and assistance with DIY loudspeaker projects including design services and supply of bespoke DIY speaker kits
- Measurement of Loudspeaker impedance and acoustic response
- Vintage Tannoy Crossovers a speciality! We can provide very accurate and top quality crossovers for all Tanoy Red, Silver, Monitor Gold and HPD Tannoy loudspeaker drivers (prices from £150 for complete re-capping and switch cleaning of existing Tannoy crossovers and from £250 upwards for new Tannoy crossovers)
Costs vary according to the type and extent of work
Please note: The advent of internet Hifi Forums has resulted in a lot of MISINFORMATION on crossover design being spread, often from well meaning but misguided sources. Please be aware that unless you have extensive knowledge and experience in crossover design and measurement of acoustic response, you run a serious risk of ruining your ‘speaker’s performance by attempting to tweak your crossovers or otherwise by copying generic type circuits.
PLEASE USE THE CONTACT US PAGE TO CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE OR CALL ON 07810 403841 FOR A CHAT ABOUT YOUR REQUIREMENTS