One of our premier Reference Series RCA interconnects, the Reference Mercury offers outstanding performance to match the performance of some of the best interconnects on the market today without the telephone number price tag. The Mercury uses one of the finest available RCA connectors, the new Eichmann KLE Harmony plug combined with the same superlative balanced signal cable as the Venus, Saturn and Jupiter cables. Refinement in spades combined with no loss of dynamic punch they offer a remarkably balanced and natural presentation.
KLE Harmony Silver plated pure OFC RCA plug
- New KLE (Keith Louis Eichmann) Harmony Silver plated Pure Copper RCA
- Signal/ground pin optimisation to enhance electron flow in accordance with KLE’s signal/ground formula
- Signal/ground pins now much stronger than the original bullet plug design
- Signal/ground Anti-Short shield has been added between internal contacts
- Signal/ground pins have been arranged to maintain a maximised distance from each other ensuring that capacitance, inductive effects and EMF effects are minimised
- Head assembly jaw structure has been re-designed and mechanically improved to allow easy snap-like connection with the RCA socket allowing the ultimate in electrical connectivity yet easy removal
- Ground pin includes threaded teeth so that where the optional metal housing is used, it provides a fully shielded star-earthed electrical connection
- Improved strain relief via new 2-screw cable retention system
- Extremely high temperature melting point polymer housing.
- Furutech Hyper-balanced μOFC twin conductor cable (80pcs 0.18mm), double shielded in cotton spacer/damping. Superb quality ultra pure conductors treated with Furutech’s Alpha process. The cotton spacer not only helps to keep capacitance low but it also provides excellent damping to eliminate microphonic issues
- Polyethylene low loss dielectric. This ensures that capacitance is kept to a bare minimum which in turn allows superb detail retrieval
- Furutech OFC dense braided outer shield in ultra pure OFC. (also treated with the Alpha process)
- Flexible 9mm OD ultra-flexible PB free pvc jacket, finished in polyester weave protective outer jacket. The large cable diameter further reduces capacitance issues by maximising the distance between signal cores and outer OFC shield, whilst remaining flexible for ease of handling